Saturday, February 20, 2010

Review: Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream. :)

Okay, so first I wanna say, thanks to everyone that's following my blog now! :)
I was super surprised the other day because in one day my subscribers jumped from 4 to 6.
Erm, I never really thought i'd have even one, so that's nice.
Anyways...
Today I'm just doing a review.
I figured since I've done a review on 2 low end products I should do one on a somewhat high-end product.
This is a product I've been loving for winter and I'm definitely going to buy it again once I run out, because It's become a staple for me.
The Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream:
This is a must for anyone with extremely dry skin.
Recently, I've been using a new skin care routine involving a really abrasive exfoliator (which does from the dead skin cells, but takes a toll on my skin) and my Stridex pads, which suck the moisture out of my face, but keeps acne away.
Because of this my face has been suffering, I've had extremely flaky and dry skin this winter, so I had to find something to fix it.
Well...I ran into this, it had been sitting in my desk for a while and I finally picked it up, and I love it again!
This orange tube came from the satin hands collection, but the actual one is pink and black and more product.
Anyways.
I'll just get down to business.
Price: ♥♥♥♥
I got mine for free, as a gift. But I'd definitely pay the full price. You only need a little product so that tube goes a long way for the small price.
Packaging: ♥♥
Plain, but easy enough. Not horrible. But not really eye-catching in either collection (permanent nor satin hands).
Product: ♥♥♥♥♥
OMG. Like I said earlier, holy grail product here. It's moisturizing and amazing.

Pros::
1) It moisturizes your face really well.
2) When paired along with exfoliating, your face feels like super soft!
3) A little product goes along way.
4) It's a great winter staple.
5) Only need to do like once a week (like a deep conditioning for your skin).
6) You can use it anywhere on your body (I use mine on my face though).
7) It has a really nice light citrus smell (like oranges or something).
8) Doesn't clog your pores.

Cons::
1) It has a weird gel consitency that makes it a little hard to rub in at first, you have to warm it up first.
2) It makes your face look EXTREMELY oily until it sinks in.
3) You have to give it some time to sink in, it really doesn't completely sink in for like 12 hours, so you basically have to put it on the day before (and hope no one runs into you).
4) I usually have to do mine on the weekends.
5) Definitely not for people with oily skin.

Well, personally none of the cons really affect me, because I usually do mine on the weekends and so it sinks in by the time I go somewhere the next day. Like I do mine at nights and it's sunk in by mid-day the next day.
It's really nice and your skin is really glowy and soft and beautiful once its sunk in. My flakiness literally disappeared. So yeah.

If you have a problem with dry skin then check it out!
http://www.marykay.com/skincare/moisturization/10027910/10027910/default.aspx

Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream Review, Over & Out.
Sincerely,
yourpoindexterkid.
P.S Sorry if you don't appreciate my cashpirate banner. Just getting the word out, because it's a really great site, and definitely not a scam as I have already recieved my 22.64 through paypal. So, definitely check it out! :) It's completely free to sign up and use the site, I haven't paid anything but i've earned 22.64 already! :))

Uhm. If you're skeptical about it, just know that the reason it's free and you still get paid, is because you take the survey or whatever and the people that sponser the survey, pay the cashpirate people money and the cashpirate people give you a percentage of the money they earned because you took the survey. So then they are paid and so are you! :)

2 comments: